*Location: Will be based out of our San Diego Metropolitan or Bay Area offices*
Be part of an exciting, well-funded startup changing the world of retail. Our mission is to revolutionize customer experience in retail through precise identification of inventory in the stores and distribution centers, completely transforming the in-store experience for employees and customers alike. Our proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, Computer Vision and AI to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented capability enables retailers to automate in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About The Job:
The Engineering Manager for the CV/ML team will lead a team of CV/ML engineers to develop a solution to enable Product-People association using Computer Vision, RFID and Machine Learning models. The Manager will collaborate with product teams and leadership team to set the team’s roadmap, manage and prioritize feature development.
- Deliver robust, well-tested, and fully documented CV modules to serve the use cases.
- Learn and implement state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms to support people and product association.
- Collaborate with system architects, designers, and engineers to support the development of robust machine learning systems.
- Continuously improve the efficiency, robustness, and cost of existing modules.
- Assess and recommend technology choices and directions in consideration of cost-benefit trade-offs.
- Work with Product Management to prioritize feature development
- Build roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
- Perform code reviews and ensuring proper design and delivery
- Promote best practices and establishing team processes
- Identify infrastructure and architectural investment needs
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- 3+ years of experience managing in one or more CV areas as object detection, pattern recognition, and image classification.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a CV Engineer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, or related role
- Experience with common languages (e.g., Python, SQL) and tools (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, distributed training / inference with Spark) in the ML toolkit
- Experience with developing popular open-source projects
- Experience in designing and building highly scalable, distributed ML models
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms in resource-restricted environments such as embedded systems is preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize among competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- MS / PhD in engineering or quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.)
- You have prior experience working at a startup
*Location: Will be based out of Bay Area or San Diego Metropolitan Offices*