As the manager of the DevOps Engineering team, your mission is to lead our growing team of DevOps Engineers as we build a world-class care delivery platform. We are looking for an experienced team player who is as passionate about fostering a positive and productive team culture as they are about solving complex technical problems. In addition to playing a leadership role in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients, you are also responsible for providing the coaching, strategic context, and technical mentorship necessary to ensure their direct reports can grow as engineers and collaborators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with technical leadership to design and a execute on a roadmap of high-visibility initiatives to continuously improve our reliability, performance, and security, align with broader organization strategy, and empower our software engineers through improved tooling and automation.
- Manage, monitor, enhance and secure our current Kubernetes installations, AWS EC2, EKS, RDS and other services.
- Manage the DevOps Engineering teams' individual performance and development by providing active coaching and mentorship.
- Lead the continued scaling and automation of our virtualized infrastructure in support of our rapidly-growing user base.
- Represent DevOps to other business stakeholders for discussing and resolving technical issues with a business impact.
- Collaborate with SecDevOps to prioritize and drive continuous improvements in security posture and practices (including regular patching, least privilege access, policies, and encryption at rest and transit) in compliance with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (in fulfillment of SOC 2 and HITRUST audit requirements)
- Write code and scripts to automate the provisioning of services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash, and Git
- Design effective monitoring and log aggregation frameworks using tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Zabbix, Elastic APM, and Splunk
- Model best practices around documentation and diagramming of deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments
- Suggest deployment patterns and practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with the DevOps team to implement these.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 3 or more DevOps engineers
- Significant prior experience using Linux in a production environment (incl. the Linux kernel, Ubuntu, and standard software like systemd, Apache, NGINX, Postfix, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of Bash and Python (Groovy optional)
- Significant prior experience designing, deploying, and maintaining configuration management solutions like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
- End-to-end experience architecting, implementing, and supporting Continuous Integration pipelines using CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- Advanced, hands-on experience in Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation, Terraform, or equivalent
- Significant prior experience standing up, tuning, and supporting container/machine orchestration solutions like Kubernetes/EKS, Docker Swarm, ECS, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of networking, privacy, security, and data protection
- Significant experience and demonstrated passion for management and mentorship
- Prior experience with HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC2, and other compliance regimes
- Experience architecting secure, high-available applications using AWS services, resources and tools to published best practices
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Stock options