Working closely with the founding team, your purview will cover the development, support, and scalability of our platform. You will report to our CTO, working together to develop the foundation on which cloud security is improved for companies and security teams around the world.
This role is best suited for you if you are someone who is looking to tackle exciting problems in cybersecurity, continuously grow as an individual, and want to have direct, measurable impact on the outcomes we experience as a company.
Your technical responsibilities:
- Architect and build both frontend and backend components of our web application.
- Architect and support GraphQL API.
- Aid in infrastructure architecture design and implementation for supporting our web app and its residual services.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience working on backend when necessary (Python 3, Django, etc.).
- Experience working in cloud native environments (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, K8s the Hard Way).
- Ability to write secure, testable, and efficient code.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and how to use them efficiently.
- An understanding of basic performance optimization and scalability for web applications.
- 2+ years' experience in an engineering or development role.
- Practical thinker: understand how to optimize time effectively to balance creation of tech debt while shipping features as fast as possible.
- Background within security. (huge plus!)
- Strong UI/UX design skills. (huge plus!)
- Great at troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Excels at communicating complex issues in an easy to understand way.
- A 4 year degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in years experience.
The tech stack:
We're cloud first in all that we do. Our backend is built in Python/Django and is based on a micro service architecture running within Docker and AWS EKS (Kubernetes). Our backend utilizes AWS services like S3, RDS, EC2, and Lambda. We use React on the frontend. We live in Slack, but code lives in GitHub. We leverage Notion and Gitbooks for documentation and build mockups and prototypes in Figma.
- Early employee equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- "Take What You Need" vacation policy
- 11 holidays a year (including Election Day)
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Home office stipend
- Relocation bonus
- Join a fast-moving startup at a critical time.
- Work with a driven, world-class team that’s on a mission.
- See your input make a direct impact towards our success.
- Grow professionally with access to resources that ensure you grow with us too.