We are a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use us to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2021 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
Engineering Team Leads:
Our Engineering Team Leads love the thrill of coaching their reports for success and building a positive and productive team culture almost as much as they love complex technical problems.
In addition to playing a leadership role in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients,
Leads are also responsible for providing the coaching, strategic context, and technical mentorship necessary to ensure their direct reports can grow as engineers and collaborators.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage an application engineering team of 3-6 engineers
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products to address problems like public health disparities, homelessness, deficiencies in foster care, and more.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Platform teams to build and scale back-end services and shared APIs
- Define testing strategies to ensure all software is well-tested, and regression/smoke tests are implemented and up-to-date for production and stage environments
- As a senior contributor, take a leading role to build and improve Engineering @ Akido, by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, modeling high standards and mentoring junior developers, and generally ensuring high quality of our codebases and operational excellence.
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- 6+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications or similar experience
- 3+ years recent experience building applications using React.js
- 3+ years experience building services using Node.js
- 2+ years of prior engineering management responsibility
- Significant experience with SQL/NoSQL schema design and query optimization
- (Optional) Experience with React Native is a plus, but not required
- (Optional) Experience with Ruby is a plus, but not required
- Domiciled in and right to work in United States
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Stock options