You will be involved, often in a leadership role, in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients. The majority of your time will be focused on new feature design and development, as well as architecture and optimization, but you'll also be expected to lead your peers by example and mentor more junior engineers joining the team. Your domain expertise and computer science instincts will help to solve a range of problems facing individual modules and multi-system integrations, and your skill in schema design and query optimization will help ensure our products continue to make an impact at scale.
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- 6+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications and services or similar experience
- Significant experience with SQL/NoSQL schema design and query optimization
- 4+ years experience building applications using Node.js
- Production experience with React
- (Optional) Experience with React Native is a plus, but not required
- (Optional) Experience with Ruby is a plus, but not required
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products for our healthcare and government customers
- Collaborate with DevOps and Platform teams to build and scale back-end services and shared APIs
- As a senior individual contributor, take a leading role to build and improve the engineering department, by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, modeling high standards and mentoring junior developers, and generally ensuring high quality of our codebases and operational excellence.
Job Type: Full-time