We apply bioengineering and machine learning principles to diagnostics in order to build truly quantitative molecular tests. Our QCT platform improves resolution of cell-free DNA testing by >1000x fold and enables novel tests for both prenatal and oncology care. As engineer #1, you will work directly with the CTO to build backend infrastructure, bioinformatics data processing pipelines, laboratory automation tools, and web-based tools to communicate genetic results to patients. This is a highly impactful position with the opportunity to own engineering end-to-end from internal prototypes to widely deployed products directly affecting patients.
If you have experience in frontend development, love seeing your work positively affect your colleagues, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Projects you may work on include:
- Develop a secure portal for physicians to access the results of genetic tests
- Expand tooling for the Clinical and Operations team by integrating the internal company API with external data sources (e.g. logistics, medical records, sales and marketing).
- Work with the R&D and process engineering for robotics-related laboratory automation
- Semi-automate data entry tasks via a pragmatic combination of OCR and UI/UX engineering.
Technologies we use include React, Django / Django rest framework, Python, Postgres, AWS: s3, ECR, ECS, Heroku, R
- 2-5 years as a frontend engineer
- Very strong ReactJS expertise
- Experience or exposure to a web framework in Python, e.g. Django or Flask or similar
- Strong desire to make an impact both through many small tools and large product development in a fast-paced environment
- Django rest framework
- React or Vue
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience
Job Type: Full-time